Human Rights Commission
- Typically held the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the 2nd floor of City Hall (1 City Hall Plaza)
- View agendas and minutes
- Watch Human Rights Commission meetings
- To request a recording of a Human Rights Commission meeting, email our Communications Department
Ways to join a meeting
- In person at Chaska City Hall. The Council Chambers are on the 2nd floor.
- Virtually on Zoom
- Click the Zoom meeting link
- Enter the Meeting ID: 878 4636 0688
- Passcode: 096961
- By Phone
- Dial 1-877-853-5247
- Meeting ID: 878 4636 0688
- Passcode: 096961
Thu Jun. 22
Thu Jul. 27
Thu Aug. 24
About the Commission
The purpose of the commission is to secure for all citizens, through education and prevention, equal opportunities for employment, housing, public information, public services, education, fair treatment, and full participation in affairs of the community.
The commission’s mission is to proactively partner with government, business, educators, religious, service, and other organizations to promote a community of harmony and respect for the rights and dignity of all.
- Sarah Carlson - Chairperson
- Martin Hubbard - Vice Chairperson
- Celi Haga
- Hanne Sandison
- Jennifer Welvaert
- Oana Zayic
- Sienna White
- Juhi Ghatti - Youth Representative
- Maryam Ali-Daar - 1st Alternate
- Mitchell Armstrong - 2nd Alternate
Member Terms & Expectations
Regular members of the Human Rights Commission are appointed for 3-year terms, and the youth representative serves a 1-year term. Commission members are eligible for up to three terms for a maximum of nine years.
Each member is expected to attend at least 1 meeting per month in the evenings and devote approximately 5 hours per month to commission business outside of the meetings.
Members will work in small groups on specific projects and are expected to have an interest in human rights issues as they relate to such topics as
- Public accommodations
- Public services.