The City Administrator's Office is committed to providing exceptional services that enhance the quality of life for members of the Chaska community.
Matt Podhradsky serves as Chaska's City Administrator.
Denise Beebe is the Senior City Clerk.
The City of Chaska operates under the council-manager form of government, created through a home-rule charter. In 1975, the city abandoned the home rule charter, becoming a statutory city maintaining the city manager form of government. Under this structure, the city administrator is the chief executive officer of the city and is responsible for the overall management of city operations.
Duties of the City Manager
- Appoint upon the basis of merit and fitness and remove all other appointive officers except the City Attorney, all heads of departments, and all subordinate officers and employees
- Assure that the laws, ordinances, and resolutions are enforced in the city
- Implement policy decisions and legislative actions as directed by the City Council
- Make recommendations to the City Council on the business of the city and policy considerations
- Oversee the operations of the city, delivery of services, and determine performance
- Prepare the city budget and oversee financial operations
- Serve as liaison for the City Council to state and local organizations
If you have a question about city services or wish to provide input about an issue important to you, please contact the City Administrator.