The Chaska Public Works Department duties are divided into two primary divisions: streets and parks.
The Street Division takes care of:
- The civil defense warning system, which is tested on the first Wednesday of the month at 1:00 p.m.
- Construction inspection services
- Snow removal
- Storm sewer and flood control systems
- Streets and alleys
- Street cleaning
The Parks Division takes care of:
- Athletic fields
- Buildings and grounds
- Irrigation system
- Mowing and trimming
- Parks and shelters
- Playground equipment
- Skating rinks
- Trail maintenance and construction
During the winter, our major focus is on snow removal. When it snows two inches or more, our goal is to have all city streets plowed within an eight hours.
Please help our plows be as effective as possible by following these rules:
- Winter parking rules are in effect from November 1 to April 1. During this time, parking is only allowed on one side of the street.
- On odd-numbered days, please park on the side of the street with addresses that end in an odd number.
- On even-numbered days, please park on the side of the street with addresses that end in an even number
- Do not park in a way that impede snow removal efforts. If you notice your car has been plowed around, please move your car to the side of the street that has been plowed to the curb.
Thank you for helping our plows keep our streets clear of snow!
Service Order Request
See something that needs our attention? Let us know by submitting a Service Order Request Form.
You can use this form to report:
- Street maintenance
- Sign repair
- Park equipment repair
- Trail maintenance
- Fallen tree
- Damaged transformer
- Street light out
Carver County Environmental Center
You can recycle household and hazardous waste materials like mattresses, paint, TVs, and more at the Carver County Environmental Center.