City Council Candidates
Offices on the Ballot
- Mayor: 2-Year Term January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2024
- Ward 1 Councilperson: 4-Year Term January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2026
- Ward 3 Councilperson: 4-Year Term January 1, 2023 to December 13, 2026
Filing for Candidacy
Filing for candidacy for City Council positions is open now.
The filing period closes on Tuesday, August 16 at 5:00 p.m.
Excerpt from Article VII, Section 6 of the Constitution of the State of Minnesota:
Every person who by the provisions of this article is entitled to vote at any election and is twenty-one (21) years of age is eligible for any office elective by the people in the district wherein he/she has resided thirty days previous to the election, except as otherwise provided in the Constitution and law of the United States.
How to file
Contact Denise Beebe to schedule a time to complete the required paperwork.
Things to keep in mind:
- There is a fee to file. It is $5.
- All candidates who successfully file with the City of Chaska must submit campaign financial reports. See Campaign Financial Reports section for more information.
- Candidates who file can withdraw their candidacy by Thursday, August 18 at 5:00 p.m.
Campaign Financial Reports
All candidates who successfully file with the city of Chaska must submit Campaign Financial Reports to the City Clerk’s Office at One City Hall Plaza, Chaska, MN 55318, as follows:
- Initial report is due within 14 days of receiving contributions or making disbursements of more that $750.
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election and each year by Jan. 31 or until a final report is filed.
- A final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100.
- A Campaign Financial Report Certification of Filing shall be submitted to the City Clerk no later than 7 days after the special election.