Do you have fire extinguisher? Did you know fire extinguishers should be inspected every month?
Monthly inspections include the following steps:
- Make sure the extinguisher has enough pressure to work properly
- Confirm the extinguisher is in its designated place and has not been used
- Check to see if the extinguisher has obvious defects like puncture holes, corrosion, or broken/missing parts
Fire extinguishers should be tested by a licensed fire protection company every year.
Chaska residents can have their fire extinguishers tested by a service technician at the Fire Station on the following dates in 2023:
- Friday, April 7, 10 a.m. to Noon
- Friday, August 11, 10 a.m. to Noon
- Friday, November 3, 10 a.m. to Noon
Inspections cost $8. Recharging a fire extinguisher is $30.
The Fire Station only accepts extinguishers for service on the dates listed above.