Registration is full for 2022 Safety Camp. If you are registered, scroll down to view the camper checklist.
This two-day program provides youth entering 2nd thru 4th grade an opportunity to learn about safety in a camp setting.
- Dates: July 6 to 7, 2022
- Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Chaska Community Center, 1661 Park Ridge Dr., Chaska, MN 55318 Get Directions
- Ages: Youth entering 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade in fall
- Cost: $40
- Fire safety
- Bike safety
- Personal safety
- Basic First Aid
- And more!
- Chaska Police Department
- Chaska Fire Department
- Chaska Electric Department
- Ridgeview Ambulance
- Chaska Community Center lifeguards
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Canine demonstration
- And more!
- Lunch & Snacks
- Games & Activities
- Safety Camp T-shirt
- Check-in is from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please plan on being there between that time so we can get your child into their group.
- Drop off your child at the theater door at the Chaska Community Center. Our staff will take your child to their area. Please be patient. There may be a line for drop-off since we have 120 youth participating. Carpool if possible.
- Be sure to wear tennis shoes. We will play safety games, run around a little bit, and spend some time sitting on the ground. Your child will receive a special Safety Camp t-shirt that they will need to wear both days.
- Parents, please have everything labeled and in a backpack or tote with your child's name. Girls should plan to wear tank tops, so that you can put your camp t-shirt over it without needing to change.
- We will provide the children with lunch. We'll have pizza one day and hot dogs the next. Lunches will include chips, fruit, a cookie, and beverage. We will also provide a snack in the morning. If your child has special dietary needs, plan on bringing a bag lunch. We will also have plenty of water available. Since we have drinking fountains, you can pack a water bottle LABELED WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME.
- If your child has any special needs or will be taking medication during their time at camp, please contact Officer Janke at 952-448-4200 before camp day.
- Pick-up will be from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. We will be curbside with youth outside the Community Center theatre doors. On Thursday, you have the option to attend graduation at 3:30 p.m.
- Questions before the event: Contact Officer Janke at 952-448-4200
- Safety Camp Emergency Contact: Officer Janke at 612-217-3517. Please call if your child is unable to attend one or both days.