Facility Update (effective June 2, 2022)
The wait is over, all fitness equipment is back and ready for you to use starting tomorrow 6/3/22! If you plan to come in to use the equipment tomorrow please take note that the cable tv will not be available, but the machines are functional and internet will be available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition.
Facility Update (effective April 8, 2022)
The staff at the Chaska Community Center would like to thank you for your continued patience and support over the past two years and we navigated the many ups and downs of the COVID-19 pandemic. One of the measures that was implemented upon reopening from the original lockdown in July 2020 was moving all the cardio equipment into the lower gym to account for social distancing requirements through Minnesota Department of Health. In May of 2021, all of the restrictions from MDH were lifted for gyms and fitness centers; however, out of an abundance of caution and concern for our users, we opted at that time to keep the cardio equipment in the gym to allow for COVID cases in Carver County to slow down. Knowing that we always intended to return the equipment back to its original location, we have been monitoring our gymnasium usage and feel as though the time has come to get back to 'normal.' Staff will take on the project of moving the cardio equipment back into the wellness area May 31st through June 3rd. During this time both the weight equipment, cardio equipment, and lower gym will be shut down. The functional fitness area will still be available for use.
Thank you for your patience through this project! We will continue to communicate through email, website, and Facebook as we get closer to the date.
Policy Update (effective February 28th, 2022)
In order to improve the experience for ALL at the Chaska Community Center, we are adjusting our evening policies regarding youth access. Effective February 28th, all individuals under the age of 15 years must have adult (18 years or older) providing direct supervision after 7:00pm. Between now and February 28th, please discuss with your children attending the CCC this policy change and make plans for their evening supervision. Below, please reference the full outline of the areas that youth may access while they are at the CCC:
- Track: Individuals 11 years and under must have supervision from a responsible adult
- Weight & Cardio Areas: Individuals must be 15 years of age to use these areas independently. Ages 12-14 may use equipment with direct supervision from a responsible adult. *
- Gymnasiums: Individuals 11 years and under must have supervision from a responsible adult
- Indoor Pool: Individuals 11 years and under must have supervision from a responsible adult. Children under the age of 6 must have direct in-water supervision.
- Daytime Building Usage: All individuals must be 12 years or older to access without an adult.
- Evening Building Usage (effective February 28th): After 7pm, individuals must be age 15 years or older to attend the CCC without an adult. After 7pm, children under 14 years of age must have direct supervision from an adult (18 years and older).
Our VISION: To create lifelong memories and a healthier community for ALL to enjoy!
*Responsible adult is referring to someone age 16 years or older
**Direct supervision is defined as utilizing the same amenity as the child and always remaining within eyesight