Outdoor Skating Rinks
Chaska Parks & Recreation Department operates three outdoor skating areas as winter weather conditions allow. Warming houses are not open at this time.
Lions Park - Open
Outdoor skating rink located at 550 Ravoux Road.
Community Park - Open
Lighted outdoor skating rink located at 1151 Hundertmark Road; park in south Clover Ridge Elementary School parking lot. Lights are turned off at 10pm.
This season, the Community Park rink will not have a rink with boards. Unfortunately, the new boards have not arrived due to international shipping delays and supply shortages.
Firemen's Park - CLOSED UNTIL ICE THICKNESS MET
An outdoor skating loop is located on Clayhole Lake at Fireman’s Park, 3210 Chaska Blvd, near the stage area. The ice conditions on a lake can fluctuate day to day. Use caution and skate or walk on the ice at your own risk. Note that ice conditions at outdoor rinks can be different than ice conditions on a lake.
OUTDOOR SKATING RINK RULES
- No smoking, chewing tobacco, or use of drugs/alcohol at the outdoor rinks.
- Hockey players must be respectful of leisure skaters. Share the ice!
- Sleds, bicycles, etc, are not allowed in the skating areas.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles or snowmobiles are allowed in the skating areas.
- No roughhousing (fighting, throwing snowballs, etc.) or dangerous games are allowed in the skating area.
- No foul or abusive language or bullying.
- Skaters are to wear ice skates on ice or on pathways to skating area. Ice skates are not to be worn on the board walk area at Fireman’s Park. Patrons may wear tennis shoes, or boots on the ice at the outdoor rinks.
- Skate training aids, chairs, or buckets are allowed on the outdoor skating rinks.
The City of Chaska may add rules for the safety and enjoyment for skaters and patrons at any time.