This project is constructing a roundabout at the Peavey Road/Highway 41 intersection in 2023.
The roundabout will provide safer access to Peavey Road and the new Oak Ridge Commons site, which includes Costco. The roundabout will also allow for more free-flowing traffic on Highway 41.
- Construction scheduled to begin in early spring 2023
- Will require a closure of Highway 41 for up to 3 months
- Expected to be completed by mid to late summer 2023
Spring thru mid-summer 2023
- Highway 41 closed between Hazeltine Blvd and just north of Peavey Rd
- Detour: Pioneer Trail, Audubon Rd, and Lyman Blvd
- Detour map coming soon!
- Pondview businesses along Highway 41 will have access from the north during construction
MnDOT Highway 41 Resurfacing: Pioneer Trail to Hwy 5
To learn more about Highway 41 pavement resurfacing between Pioneer Trail and Highway 5, visit the MnDOT project website.
About Oak Ridge Commons
Oak Ridge Commons is a private development on the former site of the Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center. The site will have apartments and a Costco. The site will offer connections to the existing regional public trail and parks system and easy access to destinations in Chaska and surrounding communities.
Construction began in fall 2022. Once complete, the development will include:
- A Costco that will include a liquor store and gas station with ample parking (779 spaces). The Costco is scheduled to open in spring 2024.
- Springs at McKnight Lake: 280 market-rate apartments that are built in a townhome style. These will be spread across 14 buildings. The first units are anticipated to be available in late fall 2023.
- Oak Ridge Hotel & Conference Center: currently for sale. There is not a buyer yet, but the developer is actively marketing the space.
Review the planning steps this project went through.