Join our team
Who we are
The members of the Chaska Police Department are proud to serve our community. We are dedicated to building public trust through
- Community partnerships and programs
- A high standard of professionalism
- An emphasis on customer service
Our staff is dedicated to problem-solving policing that helps build community-based solutions. We protect life and property and enhance the safety and quality of life for everyone in the community.
We are professionals who come to work with high energy, believing in the work and our team.
- Competitive wages with longevity steps every 4 years
- Start: $39.10/hr
- 24 months: $42.18/hr
- 36 months: $48.10/hr
- 3% increase after 4 years
- 5% increase after 8 years
- 7.5% increase after 12 years
- 11% increase after 16 years
- "Holiday" bank of 156 hours per year used as time off or paid out
- "Time Owed" bank of 104 hours per year used as time off or paid out (patrol)
- Night shift differential pay of $1/hr
- Financial incentives for many of specialty positions
- Lateral transfer incentives - start at top base wage for patrol officer
- Yearly uniform allowance
- Generous paid personal leave accrual
- Post-retirement healthcare savings plan
- Paid workout-on-duty program (onsite workout facility) plus other officer wellness incentives and programs
- Community Partnership Specialist (sworn officer)
- School Resource Officer
- Drone pilot
- Use of Force instructor
- Firearms instructor
- Field Training Officer
- Police Explorer advisor
- Bike Patrol
Our Community Service Officer internship is a unique opportunity for someone looking to get into a career in law enforcement.
The CSO intern will handle CSO-type calls for service and also learn about the Chaska Police Department and what it's like to be a police officer.
Working as a CSO intern could lead to potential full-time employment as a police officer at the Chaska Police Department.
Applicants for this program must be enrolled in a state level accredited school to become a professional police officer.
There are no current openings.
We anticipate the need to hire several police officers and a CSO intern before the end of 2024.
Public Safety Facility
Construction is set to begin in the spring of 2024 on a public safety facility.
Check out the details on our Future of City Facilities website.